Wednesday, April 29, 2009

He's On it!



So, I'm running around this morning, I'm trying to do all the mom stuff that needs to get done on a school morning when I hear this whirring & thumping sound. These sounds are typical around our house, but NOT usually unless I'm involved. The cause. . .Josh was doing his own vest! Usually Josh is good about doing his routine breathing treatments, but I usually call him over & get him all hooked up. Today, was a nice treat. Josh took the initiative to get all strapped in and started without a word from Mom. For those of you that may not know, Josh has Cystic Fibrosis. He wears his vest, which inflates & then shakes the daylights out of him in an effort to clear his air ways. Josh's last cold hit him pretty hard and left him with lots of extra goo! (nice, I know) So Josh and his vest have become closer friends lately. Yesterday's check up at PCH left us less than satisfied. Still too much goo in the lungs, so more treatments & meds and we'll see how we do in a few weeks. Not that any of this slows Josh down. He has been as active & energetic as ever! See, he can do his vest, nebulizer AND the Wii at the same time.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I adore Josh. what a good boy!

Lindsay said...

What a good multitasker!! He's really growing up!