Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Beautiful Thing


During Sacrament Services it is a family rule to always sing. Everyone has an open hymn book & participates. So far for Emily, her participation has depended on me. I tell Em a line of song just before we sing it and then she repeats it in time with the music. Though she follows the words with her finger, the music is usually moving much too fast for her to read the words. Well not this last Sunday! I glanced over and noticed that she was following the song with her finger AND her mouth. Yes, she was reading the hymn and singing too, all on her own! It was Beautiful. Thankfully the song was a little slower and the words not especially complex. She beamed with such pride. We totally hugged at the end.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

awesome. I used to do that with my little non-readers too! You have some darn sweet kiddos!