Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shaq's Debut

Today was interesting. It seemed like it would never end. In fact, here it is, almost midnight after the Suns/Lakers game and I'm still up and writing stuff.

I got to work at around 9:30 this morning and have been working on Suns.com stuff ever since. When Shaquille O'Neal comes to your team, there's a lot of stuff to do.

I won't rehash all of the details of today but the coolest thing for me was that I got to take pictures of Shaq arriving for the Suns.com home page. There wasn't a lot of light in the loading dock when he arrived and we were backing up taking pictures, trying not to get in ESPN's way while still getting our own shots. But I think I got a pretty good shot of him arriving! Here it is on the front page of Suns.com tonight:

The background is a little blurry but I was just proud to see my name up as the credit for the photo!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good going, Dan!! :) I bet it's amazing to see your name in print! I know somebody famous! :D

Matt said...

That is exciting. First you are a TV celeb and now a photographer! It sure seems like you are in heaven working for the SUNS. Maybe this will be a good year during playoff time.