Saturday, May 10, 2008

Poems

I have not written many poems in a long time. But I had to write this one. As I fed and rocked Adam a few mornings ago, I experienced a moment of such peace and love that the words just spilled out of me. So at 3:00am I wrote these words. They are still a work in process, but it was a way for me to remember this moment.

Rocking My baby

Tender moments with my baby
Sleepy eyes, belly full
Rocking left, rocking right
Swaying gently side to side
Dawn approaching, night is fading
Small companion, ever loved
Content and quiet, joy still gleaming
Even in his drifting mind
Tiny head now filled with slumber
Rest upon my shoulder now
Time though cherished, soon forgotten
of sweet, peaceful, early morn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! I have always dreamed of those moments...and promised myself I would NEVER complain at early morning or late night feedings because I'll be so happy to FINALLY have the chance.

You're a great writer! SO talented.

Just wish you'd teach me to toast bread! ;0)

Rachel said...

Sweetest poem ever! You have a gift my friend!

Kristen said...

I love it!! :) Great job! I love your blog too!!