Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Voting


Growing up I learned to be very patriotic. To love my country and be proud of it. I have voted in nearly every election of any kind since I was 18 years old. Today was no different. It took me literally 10 minutes to leave my house, vote, and get back home again. When I voted at 1:30pm I was only the 14th person to vote that entire day. When Dan voted at nearly closing time, he was voter number 25. Only twenty-five people in our entire area voted?! Are you kidding me? I couldn't believe that so few people cared. How are we supposed to make any difference or retain any integrity in a society that is already lacking so much? To say the least, I'm a little peeved.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Amen! I'm at fault in that Cory and I are not registered yet to vote here. We need to get a new AZ license, but I agree with you. 25 out of 10's of thousands...not good at all!

johnson six said...

I thought the polls were quiet because I went mid morning. It's true there was only about 5 other people there to vote where I was supposed to go. I did see alot of polling places near my house, but i was sent to Lindsay and Pecos, Hopefully some of the other ones were busier. I think so many people didn't even realize it was voting day. (I know most the people i talked to that day had no idea)