Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kid's Meal Toys

I hate them! They are cheap, lame, break-in-2 seconds toys and are somehow completely invaluable to the kids who acquire them. Yep I'm talking about Kid's Meal toys. These are the toys we find in every nook and cranny of our home. Despite all the puppy dog eyes, we rarely get Kid's Meals, but with Dan being out of town, I caved and got dinner from Wendy's. Kid's Meals and all. This was a specific and special request from Josh because the "toy" had something to do with "Magic Treehouse" books. Josh has loved this series of books for years and is always in search for the next book in the series he hasn't read. (I can't imagine there are many left.)



So after dinner we pop the CD in and what do we find, but a book on CD, read by the actual author and much to Josh's excitement, a story he has yet to read! For 45 minutes they were silent disrupted by only an occasional giggle. They loved it. I loved it. Now I am by no means dissing books. Books always trump the "stuff on tape". But for a toy from a fast food chain, this beats them all. It may just be the first toy of it's kind to remain in our home longer than 3 months.

No comments: