Wednesday, August 6, 2008

School Days


The first day of school. Everyone woke up super excited-almost like Christmas. New cloths on, yummy breakfast eaten, hair just right, pictures snapped. Then we wait (not so exciting). Yep, we were ready and rarin' to go at least 30 minutes early. For Josh this is no surprise, but for Emily, well she is a dawdler through and through. For her to be dressed, fed and done with her jobs with 30 minutes to spare, well, that is about a miracle. It shows how excited she was. The feeling was pretty contagious. They even talked me into leaving for the bus stop extra early because they just couldn't wait any longer!


Everything was great. They lined up for the bus, still excited. They posed for a "getting on the bus" picture, still excited. Then Em took that gigantic first step onto the bus and practically fell over. That is when the tears welled up. Not from Emi, no, she made a quick recovery and bounded up the enormous steps. Nope, it was me! Em has always been mature, so fearless, so grown up, even a little tall for her age. But just then all I could see was my little 5yr old leaving on a huge bus, wearing a backpack as big as her, sitting in chairs she couldn't even see over. My baby!

Needless to say it is far too quiet at home. I miss them more than ever. Adam keeps looking around wondering when they will pop up to say "Peek-a-Boo." But we'll stick together, the two of us and wait anxiously until they are home again.

7 comments:

mama cow said...

I get to keep Cassie with me for one more year! Yay! I will se you guys on Friday.

Erin said...

Emily and Josh are looking so big. How fun that they are both in school this year and you get to spend some one on one time with Adam. As for you crying, I know I will do it when my kids start school too. Just thinking about it makes me a little teary.

Unknown said...

CUTE!!!

We started school 30 minutes earlier this year and I was LATE! I just went into auto pilot and did what I always do. Good thing I wasn't teaching 1st hour today.

Hope you made it through the rest of the day!

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh! How cute are they?!?

Melissa Braegger said...

I hope that they enjoyed the first day of school, and hopefully you had some great alone time with Adam. I am finished with Breaking Dawn if you still want to borrow it. Just let me know

Alisa said...

They are darling.

Don't worry, we all feel that way when they head to school...

sara said...

you are so cute...i always feel that way when my kids go back....