Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Me


No new hair style or outfit that looks amazing, but I feel like a million bucks! Why? I feel like me. My best me. Life gets so busy. So many responsibilities. It is easy to get lost-to feel like you are coasting. Doing fine, but not great. But today, today is great! My eyes feel a little brighter, my steps a little firmer, & my heart a little softer.


My greatest struggle in life is being consistent. I'm great in spurts, but long term consistency can often evade me. Recognizing this weakness, I've really tried to set some goals. Little ones, short term. Goals I can accomplish. Goals like: Study my scriptures today! When there is only one thing on a list to check off, it makes it easy to achieve. Then I set weekly and monthly goals.....It really has helped. The biggest difference I've made is to really study the scriptures, mark them up like I used to, take notes, reference other verses. The whole kit and caboodle.

Slowly but surely things are changing. A little more patience; more motivation to get things done. Even thoughts and desires of my heart seem to be answered. Thoughts so fleeting that I didn't even think to pray about them and yet they came to pass. Really?! Perhaps things like this have been happening all along, I just am more able to recognize them. Looking back on these last, few, crazy weeks of kids being sick & a teething baby, I've realized a load of blessings and changes. Some of them might seem insignificant, but all together they made me so happy. Blessing/Changes:

Felt more happy & peaceful
Did the Ironing! (you have no idea what kind of miracle this is)
Organized my time and self to make yummy, nutritious meals for the week
Time to think of someone besides myself and family (I've been pretty selfish lately)
Wonderful visiting teaching moments
Greater patience
Mopped the floor right when it needed it
Was able to get out of bed early AND went to bed early
Smiled lots more
Felt an increase of the spirit
Had time write
Emailed my missionary brother
Felt Heavenly Father's love more often

I know some things of these blessing are random and may seem silly, but all together I know they are a result of striving. Striving to live right, striving to know God more, striving in scripture study, striving to be consistent. And for all my work, that really is pretty insignificant, the Lord has blessed me so greatly. I've felt His love, especially today.

2 comments:

Melissa Braegger said...

It was so great to go vistiing teaching and have such a great message shared. You are such a wonderful companion and person and I'm glad that you are doing well:)

STACEY said...

I am so happy for you! I hope you have MANY more such days!