Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm Old?


I didn't realize I was old! I never thought of my self that way. I know I'm not as young as the college kids. I feel a little more wise now, like I've got more under my belt, but I'm definitely not old. After a long day doing Jury Duty, a security guard called me "young lady." At first I thought I heard him wrong, but as dismissed me called me "young lady" again. It was then that I realized just how long it had been since someone had called me that. It made me feel old and yet with all my years, I still looked like a young lady. I'll take that! Good looks and a little wiser. Yep. What a great way to end a long day.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Yes, you are a young lady.

Bravo to you for doing your civic duty. I hate to hear of people who try to get out of jury duty. It is no picnic, but it's kind of interesting. I hope you had fun.

:)