Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Slow-Mo


I now know my kids have been far too influenced by digital cable. You know, where you can rewind, pause and place in slow motion any live TV action.

On our long drive to Tucson last Saturday, the kids were so good keeping themselves busy and had progressed to the Rock-Paper-Scissors game. I guess something "so cool" happened. Some really crazy move, but instead of describing the moment, Josh told Em "Let's do a slow-mo so mom can see how cool that move was!" Then they proceeded to show me, in slow motion, how their funny move. I barely saw "the move" because I was laughing so hard.

I must confess that I find my self wishing that digital cable abilities applied in other parts of my life too, like the radio. I can't count how many times I've only half-heard something and reached up to rewind the program only to be disappointed at such a primitive feature as a car radio.

2 comments:

skinners said...

so true! when we moved to mesa we decided not to pay for cable and it took so long to get used to watching tv without pause, fast forward and rewind. i wish i could replay madison trying to say words for the first time!

Rachel said...

I try to rewind the radio all the time!