Monday, October 13, 2008

Super Spy Party

I just can't bring myself to spend a load on parties. I admit it. So for $20 and a good amount of my time we planned Josh's Super Spy Party. It really was fun. The boys each got their own Secret Agent name, ID card and disguise. They went through Spy Training camp where they learned how to defuse a bomb, reveal secret messages, decode words, avoid laser surveillance, and defend themselves from enemy spies all while wearing black fedoras and sunglasses. Here are a few moments:
Beginning their mission
Laser Avoidance Training
Team Work
Retrieving Top Secret Information

Decoding messages


Flying to a "foreign" country to rendezvous with Agent Kaylani Power

I missed pictures of them using water guns to disarm the Enemy Spy (me) after which they promptly disarmed the bomb. At the end of "Week-O-Josh" he was pretty caked-out so we opted for making Monster cookies instead of the traditional cake for the party. The cookies were hidden inside the Top Secret Safe. Luckily the boys defused the bomb next to the safe and thus rescued their dessert. Missionaccomplished!



5 comments:

mama cow said...

Very clever way to go Jen! I love getting creative with parties it makes it way more fun.

skinners said...

i am so impressed!! did you come up with all of that yourself? and i can't believe josh is 8 years old - that means he was 3 when daniel and i got engaged and that seems sooo little!

did he already get baptized? i guess it's not always on the birthday weekend anymore because stakes do them on the same day.

looks like you guys are having fun! i keep taking notes about what to do when my kids get older!

Alisa said...

That looks so fun! Maybe I need you to plan my 32nd bday party!!!

Rachel said...

ok you are awesome!!!!

Lindsay said...

You're so dang creative, Jen!!!! I'm sure those boys had a rockin' good time!