Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008




This year was fun. My parents and brother, Derek, spent Halloween at our house. We started, as we always do, with an enormous pot of chili. Then the kids got their costumes on. Emily was a mermaid and Josh was a Leopard Lizard (just like his Webkinz you can see strapped to Josh's hat). Adam was Winnie the Poo. Total cost to make the costumes $12! Emily's was the most fun to make with the curvy tail that attached to her wrist. Josh's costume was great because we can take the spots and tail off and he has 2 new items of cloths. Thank you Walmart clearance!

Adam & I stayed behind to pass out candy. Adam loved sitting in a pile of his own candy, chewing on wrappers and crawling after trick-or-treators. I hope you appreciate how good and dirty that kids got! I don't think he has ever been that gross.





Candy Count:
6pm Candy to hand out= 6 lbs + 2 empty buckets

8pm Candy remaining= 1.5 lbs
+Candy Josh collected= 4.0 lbs
+Candy Emi collected= 3.5 lbs

Total Candy at the end of Halloween= 9 POUNDS!!!!!!!
What do you do with that much candy?

6 comments:

mama cow said...

We ended up with a huge bowl of candy and Ryan ate so much last night I thought he was going to be sick! I wish I knew how to sew I just love homemade costumes they are always cooler then buying one. BTW was emi belle one year? cause that is what Cassie wants to do next year.

Terese Hamilton said...

Dr. Robison (orthodontist) will pay $2 per lb for your candy. And then he sends the candy to Iraq. I can't convince my kids to do it, but maybe you could.

Loric said...

Very cute costumes! Love those one-of-a-kind kinds. You do good work!

Lindsay Skinner said...

I can't believe you made all those. They look great! I have no idea what you should do with 9lbs of candy. Slowly throw it away & see if the kids notice...

Melissa Braegger said...

You are so talented-I can't believe the final cost of your costumes what a steal. It looks like fun was had by all-sorry about all of the candy

Kristen said...

The costumes are PERFECT!!! They look great!