Monday, November 10, 2008

A Performer in the Making

Today Emily sang with all the kindergartners at the Veteran's Day Assembly. She has been practicing her words and sign language for weeks. They all did really well. I loved their enthusiasm and patriotism as they sang about this wonderful country we live in. I was especially impressed by one little girl's smile. That's my Girl!

After the program I told Emily how much I loved her smile. She said she was so happy to have me there and explained how proud and excited she was to sing in front of the whole school. We've known for a few years now that Emily is not afraid to be in front of a crowd, but today I think she felt the thrill of performing! I guess she is her mother's daughter more than ever. Can you believe Emily's first 3 years of life, she was incredibly shy?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Cuteness!!! It looked like she was watching you the whole time! Our kids didn't have school today.