Friday, November 14, 2008

More Dresses


My sewing has finally come to an end, at least for the boutique. Thanks to my reliable side-kicks "super serger" & "dependable Kenmore" I've completed all that I could. I've labeled and tagged all my cloths. I organized a portfolio so customers could see samples of my work. I have business cards & even put together an entire cloths rack to display everything on. I think I'm ready even though the boutique is not for another week still. I'm ready. (I think) There are not as many items as I'd like to have had, but 25 items was all I could manage. Whew! Have I said that I am excited and terrified all at the same time? Either way, I still love sewing which is a big relief to me. I worried that the "job" of it might take away the fun, but it didn't! I learned that I had to keep it much more simple when sewing in "bulk". Simplicity also taught me how to be truer to the beauty of the fabric & emphasize it's best qualities. I've learned how the littlest accent, where appropriate, can really change the an entire look. I also learned how to make my own customized tags! That was so fun especially since I had to use a new computer program on my own and didn't ask Dan do figure it out for me.

For more information on my boutique visit http://www.shopchicboutiqueaz.blogspot.com/ or visit my blog at http://www.emidresses.com/

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Bravo, Jen. I'm proud of you. I can't wait to see what you've come up with.

Amy said...

Have I mentioned that I wish wish wish I was there???

Unknown said...

You are amazing! I am in awe of your talent!