Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Getting Personal


Well, so far I have just reported fun stuff going on in the family, but Amy John's has forced my hand. I guess I've been "TAGGED" and must now share 3 joys of mine, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 obsessions/collections, & 3 random or surprising facts. Then I tag 5 more people at the end. Here I go:

3 Joys

* Family-Maybe it is the fact that my kids are getting older and can do more things; or maybe it was Dan working longer hours at his new job. Whatever the reason, I've had a huge wake up call to the value family time. Where I used to be so excited to get out and do things and take a break from the norm, I find myself wanting to staying home and plan more memorable moments with the kids, make new traditions. I want my kids to experience things with us. And though I do still need a girls night out and definitely date nights with the hubby, I'm finding a sweeter joy and satisfaction being with my kids and Dan than .

* Food: I love to cook and bake. I love to make food look beautiful and taste yummy. I'm cooking more from scratch all the time and trying new recipes. Anybody know how to make their own cream of mushroom soup? I would love to know how.

* Sewing: I love to sew. I still have so much to learn, but it brings such great satisfaction to me to make something unexpected and beautiful. I'm can do a lot of things fairly well, but not too many exceptionally. Sewing is one thing that might one day break that tradition.

Fears

* Drowning- I've always been afraid of drowning. Don't get me wrong, I totally go swimming and love it. There is just something about drowning that wigs me out.

* Being a Widow- I too think this would be a pretty rotten deal. When Dan and I talk about getting old, I always remind Dan, that he has to ask my permission before he is allowed to die.

* Failure- Maybe this is a human trait. I don't usually stress about the little things, but the big things I think of trying get me so nervous sometimes that I tend to not want to try. (ie In high school, I sang my way into making the Regional Choir, but did not try out for State Choir because I was so worried I would bomb.) I'm trying to do better in this.

Goals

* Lose weight- blech, I hate this, but I'm afraid it is ultra necessary.

* Be more consistent-More consistent in my house cleaning, my patience, & my gospel study (I've got my scripture study down, but it's the Sunday lessons and church mags I want to keep up with).

* Temple- Some day I want to volunteer and work in the temple.

Obsessions/Collections

* Fabric- Hi, My name is Jen and I am obsessed with fabric. Outside the home, there are fewer places that make me happier than fabric and ribbon stores. They just seem to ooze creative vibes.

* Containers- Despite my disdain for everyday cleaning, I really and truly love organizing. When everything has a container and a label, my heart sings!

* Lists- I make lists for everything. Lists for projects, lists for house cleaning, lists for everyday of the week. I have so many lists I have to keep them in different note pads so I can find each list quickly and update it.

Random Details

* I hated the internet-I used to hate the internet. You know, back when you signed on and all the sounds from the modem sounded like this: Eeerrr, wrrrr, eeeeawwwwww, tchchchchch..... When Dan and I were first married I would hear that noise more times than I liked. Dan was definitely an internet boy before the internet even was the internet. Now mind you, he never stayed on very long. He was always very thoughtful of that. But still, I felt jealous of and competition from that little metal modem.

* No Fights- In all our almost 11 years of marriage, Dan & I have never fought or argued. We've definitely disagreed with each other & not been happy at times, but no yelling, no angry words ever. For that I am forever grateful. Thanks Dan

* I love butter rum Life Savers

I "TAG":

Tara L.
Marie Sk.
Rachel H.
Mama Cow
Kristen P

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Your obsession section is exactly mine! We could be twins!

Amy said...

I love it! Sorry again, but it was great reading all about you.

sara said...

i love all these things about you and the butter rum lifesavers are to die for!