Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Projects

My Favorite Project...

Being a mom!

Sunday night I couldn't sleep. So many things were running through my head. The following week was extra busy so I got out of bed to reorganize my to-do lists and add a few new items. I also was stressing about "my" summer projects. Ha, ha you may say. How is a mom, home with all her kiddos supposed to get anything extra done? I had such high hopes for sewing millions of dresses over the summer. "I am going to be soooo organized," I thought. I had small manageable sewing projects scheduled for each week. Nothing too big, but just enough to help me stay on top of my projects! Ha!

I am now how many weeks into the summer and have not had time for a thing. I wondered if sewing all summer for a boutique in August was really the right thing for me to do. It was something I had been wanting to do for years. Something that I loved. So I took my worries to the Lord and gratefully realized that, yes, this was the right thing to do. So my next worry was how I could find the right balance for everything.

You see, I was determined to make this summer fun and not a total bore for the kids just because I wanted to sew all day long. I made a new summer job chart for them. We signed up for a couple of summer activities. I even calendared 2 "fun days" each week when we would do our extra fun things (thanks Sara Stoddard). I was not willing to sacrifice their summer, but with a 4 month old baby to top it off, how could I get it all done? How could I find the right balance? I racked my brain to no avail.

Then I got my answer- in an email. The sweet, sweet woman organizing the boutique informed me last night that the boutique would no longer be scheduled for August but for the beginning of November. November! Are you kidding?! This was perfect. It gave me extra time to sew during the school year when my two oldest would be gone. It worked especially well since the majority of dresses I wanted to sell were Christmas dresses. Can you believe it?! My prayers were answered. The overwhelming stress diminished and I took in a deep breath of relief. There had been no balance for my little situation, so the Lord sent me more time. I am immensely thankful that Heavenly Father is aware of my needs, my desires. I am so grateful that there can be balance.

2 comments:

Lori ~ LL-K said...

I love it when the Lord answers our prayers so quickly! Well, have fun sewing and spending time with the kids!

sara said...

that is so sweet...i love how Heavenly Father knows our needs and knows the best way for them to be met!