Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday Morning Criminal Damage

It's Sunday morning so we followed the same routine we always do: get up, get ready for church, leave for church around 7:30. But this time we had a little surprise!




Yep, that is what you think it is: red spray paint on the back of our car. I'm not sure what Redm means but I was a little ticked, obviously.
We were a little later for church than we like so we drove on to church and while I was waiting for Sacrament Meeting to start I looked up how to remove spray paint from a car. Luckily, there were a lot of answers!
The one I decided to use was WD-40 and a washcloth. After Sacrament Meeting, I went home to move the car inside the garage and get the paint off of it as soon as possible. It took about an hour but most of the paint is now off. The only paint left is anything that was in the scratches that were on the trunk of the car. I'll go back later tonight to use a toothbrush and try to get the paint out that way.
I did report it to the police and that's where I got the title of the blog post. When the police officer called he said, "You reported some criminal damage. I am calling to get your report." It made me realize how bad this really is. It's not just someone causing us a bit more work today. It actually is criminal! We made sure to talk to the kids about what happened, why it was so bad and why they should respect the property of other people.
Anyone else have something like this happen recently?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Jen I'm so sorry! What a huge pain- We had someone one time spray that silly string all over our house, garage, sidewalk, and cars. There is still a red stain on our house, and if you look at our garage, you can see the word ditcher (I think) across it. You gotta love it

Lindsay Skinner said...

Dang! Gilbert is sure going gangsta! Seriously though, that totally sucks. At least it wasn't too hard to get out.

mama cow said...

At least it wasnt a bad word. I can picture it now.....

Josh, "Mom, what does @#$%& mean?"
Jen "Josh where did you hear that word?"
Josh "someone wrote it on our car!"

Or better yet having to drive to church with something bad written on it! :)

Rachel said...

Unbelievable. That is just awful. I'm glad you figured out how to get it off. The least they could do was write 'Go Suns' or something. Crusty people!

sara said...

we are always saying we live in da hood...i guess we are right...i am so sorry!!!!!