Tuesday, June 17, 2008

NO MORE STITCHES!!!

Today the kids were totally going crazy. I warned them several times to settle down until..... Joshi came down crying with a face that told me was really hurt. One look at this head and I gave the baby to Em and grabbed a receiving blanket to apply to his head. Poor Josh was franticly crying and shaking. He could not be consoled until he asked, "Is my head cracked open?!" Then I understood his hysteria. I explained it was only a small cut, less than half an inch long. Heads just bleed a lot because they don't have a lot of muscle to protect them. With a sigh of relief we were off to the Urgent Care. Bless that beautiful UC on Williams Field and Lindsay and the people who built it so close to our house. We've used that UC more times than I care to admit. The staff there are always so sweet.

We were the only people in the waiting room. Em was very helpful tending Adam, who hardly made a peep. Josh was super brave. He only got 2 stitches, but can't swim for 2 or 3 days since they could not bandage the area. The doctor was very impressed with Josh's calm and cooperative behavior. As the doctor worked he heard all 4, yes 4, stories of how each of them acquired their other sets of stitches. Josh was excited that he got 2 stitches, because he now has had more stitches all together than his sister. Oh no! I declared this contest officially over. NO MORE STITCHES!



3 comments:

mama cow said...

that was a gross picture! I have not had to have any of my children stitched (knock on wood) But I was the only one of the kids that never had to be taken to an emergency room too. :)

Erin said...

Wow! You are sure beating us. Believe it or not, even with Dillon as my son, and our 5 kids, we have never been to the urgent care for anything but an ear infection! I'm sure that won't last long though...

Jen Hilton said...

Erin, you better knock on wood!